O Christmas tree, with so many styles, we adore thee
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Christmas trees are an undeniable sign the holidays have arrived.
Just like fashion, Christmas tree decorations change throughout the years and follow trends that mark what is in and what is out of style each season.
Leah Ann Boss, owner of Petals for You, decorates several Christmas trees each year for private residences in Mid-Missouri. She said standard, green pine trees with traditional decorations will be popular for 2011.
“In the past, the manufacturers have tried to introduce funky and unusual colors, but now, there is a big interest in trees that fit into the home décor,” Boss said. “People want trees that fit into what they already have in their homes.”
The modern day Christmas tree has its origins in 16th century Germany. The first recorded Christmas trees in North America were in the homes of ....
More like this story
- Jefferson City area homes tour planned for Sunday
- The Holiday Tradition Survey reveals just how Osage Upper Elementary staff spend their holiday season
- BizBeat: Petals for You closing its storefront
- Live Christmas trees making comeback with younger generations
- Wreaths offer decorative flair in traditional and evolving shapes, styles
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting