Lamar beats Lafayette Co. for Class 2 title
Saturday, November 26, 2011
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Markell White rushed for two touchdowns and passed for a third as Lamar won its first state title, beating Lafayette County 49-19 on Friday in the Missouri Class 2 high school football championship game.
Lamar (14-1), which outscored its previous four playoff opponents 176-31 margin, also made short work of Lafayette County (13-2). The Tigers held Lafayette County to 16 total yards on 24 plays in the first half and led 28-7 at the break.
LJ Williams scored on an 88-yard kickoff return for the Huskers.
White ran for 104 yards on 15 carries overall, including touchdown runs of 1 and 11 yards. He finished the season with 2,533 yards rushing on 244 attempts with 37 touchdowns.
More like this story
- Lamar pulls away from Falcons for Class 2 Championship
- Mound City wins 3rd straight 8-man football title
- Friday's Top 25 College Football Capsules
- Top 25 College Football Roundup: TCU rolls, Alabama gets pushed out of title race
- Top 25 College Football Roundup: Three’s company atop Big Ten standings