MoDOT limiting roadwork for holiday travel
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri’s Transportation Department will restrict construction work on heavily used highways during the Thanksgiving travel period to help keep traffic flowing.
MoDOT says work on all projects that could affect travel lanes will stop at noon Wednesday and resume at 9 a.m. Monday. The restrictions apply to interstates and Missouri state highways.
Motorists could still see crews working on sections of highway where permanent barriers are in place. The agency says crews will also close lanes as needed for emergency maintenance.
Details about work zones are available on the traveler information map on MoDOT’s website, along with the reports on road conditions.
MoDOT traveler information map: http://www.modot.org
More like this story
- Missouri to curb road construction for Thanksgiving
- Highway 5 traffic to be impacted by Hurricane Deck Bridge work
- MoDOT urges caution during winter weather
- Most highway construction will stop for holiday weekend
- Changes eyed after another accident at Key Largo/Osage Beach Parkway and 54 Expressway intersection
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting