Thanksgiving Day closings
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Because of Thursday’s Thanksgiving holiday, federal, state, county and municipal offices will be closed, except for law enforcement and emergency services.
• Most government offices also will be closed Friday, including the Cole County and Jefferson City governments.
However, Missouri state government offices are open, which means the County Courthouse also is open because the circuit and associate circuit courts are open.
• The State Archives, 600 W. Main St., will be closed Thursday and Saturday, but will be open on Friday.
• The Revenue Department contract offices in Mid-Missouri also will be closed Thursday, and there will be no state driver’s license examinations given.
Normal operations resume Friday at some of the contract offices, including the Jefferson City office, 1617 Southridge Drive. A number of contract office also will be open Saturday, because it’s the last Saturday of the month — but the Jefferson City office will be closed Saturday.
• The U.S. Postal Service will operate on a holiday schedule, with no regular mail deliveries Thursday.
• Jefftran buses won’t run Thursday or Friday.
• Lincoln University’s campus will be closed Wednesday through Sunday, with offices and classes resuming at 8 a.m. Monday. However, LU’s Inman E. Page Library will reopen from 3 p.m. Sunday to 2 a.m. Monday.
• The Missouri River Regional Library in Jefferson City will close at 6 p.m. Wednesday, and both the Jefferson City and Linn libraries will be closed Thursday and Friday.
The Daniel Boone and Heartland Regional libraries will be closed Thursday but will reopen Friday.
• Most businesses and financial institutions will be closed Thursday, although some stores and restaurants will be open.
Allied Waste will be closed Thursday, with Thursday’s collections delayed to Friday and Friday’s collections pushed back to Saturday.