Breaking News

New JC superintendent named December 19, 2014

Electrical fire destroys office building

An electrical problem is believed to have caused a fire early Monday morning at a house that had been turned into a commercial office building in Cole County.

According to reports from Regional West Fire Protection District, the fire was called in around 2:32 a.m. at Stone Management, 233 Scott Station Road.

When crews got on the scene, flames were showing on the outside of the building.

Firefighters got inside and found fire in the basement and first floor of the building.

There was electrical wiring under the floor, and the wires had overloaded, burning out the floor joists across the floor. Eventually, the fire destroyed the floor making the fire was difficult to put out.

Crews didn’t clear the scene until 8:30 a.m.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments