Veteran's career serves as model to new recruits
Revealing an opportunity
Monday, May 9, 2011
The drumbeat of youth often settles into a familiar groove — an individual wandering aimlessly after high school graduation armed with few plans or resources. Yet occasionally, the hand of fate grasps one by the shoulder and leads them down the path of opportunity.
After graduating from high school in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1992, local veteran Brian Farrow was unsure as to what the future held for him.
Exasperated with his seemingly dull and listless situation, the recent graduate began visiting with a local Coast Guard recruiter to determine if military service was a good fit. Walking through the local mall one afternoon, he decided to enter ....
More like this story
- A path unforeseen: Veteran establishes unexpected career in military
- Local recruiter discovers opportunity serving with the National Guard
- Veteran shares the lessons of patience gained through deployments
- Local veteran gained unique experience serving on watercraft in the U.S. Army
- Milwaukee murder suspect arrested in JC last week
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting