Godbee: Candidacy reflects desire to give back to community
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
There was no one particular reason for Renee Godbee to decide she would run for Jefferson City prosecutor.
“I was asked by several different people — people I respect — who felt I was qualified,” she said. “I’m a believer in giving in back to the community. I want to raise my children here and have them live in a safe environment. I truly believe it’s an honor to serve your community so when I was approached I decided to go for it.”
As she’s been out campaigning the past few months, Godbee said there have been up sides and down sides.
“I love meeting new people, and it’s reaffirmed my belief that the town is a good one to raise a family in,” she said. “There is a lot of stress and in particular a huge time commitment to get things done, but everyone who runs for office has that. You need the support of your family.”
More like this story
- Renee Fleming mentors Chicago high school students
- Two candidates run for chance to represent Republicans in 123 district state rep race
- Candidates for Cole County prosecutor vow to be tough on crime
- Two candidates for city prosecutor advance to April
- Your Opinion: Misrepresentations, false statements addressed
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting