St. Mary’s Health Center seeks a few good volunteers
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
St. Mary’s Health Center in Jefferson City is seeking volunteers to share their time and talents at the hospital.
A variety of volunteer positions and service hours are available, including:
• Patient ambassador – Volunteers greet incoming patients and give prompt attention to individual patient needs. They may escort patients to specific testing areas. Confidentiality of medical and social data is strictly adhered to by staff and volunteers.
• Gift shop – Volunteers assist in selling and stocking the gift shop for the convenience of patients, visitors and staff. Evening hours available from 4-7 p.m. The gift shop is operated by St. Mary’s Health Center Auxiliary.
• Hospitality (coffee) cart – Volunteers assist with a hospitality cart to serve tea and coffee to patients not on a restricted diet and their family members. Afternoon hours available.
• Intensive care unit/surgical information desk – Trained volunteers serve as the liaison between ICU, outpatient, recovery room, physicians and the families waiting. Confidentiality of medical and social data is strictly adhered to by staff and volunteers. Hours are 8 a.m.-noon and noon-4 p.m.
• Pharmacy – Volunteers deliver items to patient care areas and assist staff with errands. Hours are 8 a.m.-noon.
Times vary for each volunteer area. A free meal is provided during volunteer shift. TB test is also required. Interested volunteers may call the St. Mary’s Volunteer Services Office at 761-7000, ext. 4329, for more information and a volunteer packet.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting