Chamois boys, St. Elizabeth girls win district titles
Sunday, March 6, 2011
JAMESTOWN, Mo. — The Chamois Pirates and St. Elizabeth Lady Hornets claimed Class 1 District 9 Tournament titles Saturday night.
Chamois advanced to the state playoffs with a 68-64 win over St. Elizabeth in the boys championship game.
Chamois takes on Tina-Avalon in the Class 1 sectional game at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Sedalia Smith-Cotton High School. Tina-Avalon won the Class 1 District 10 title with a 51-43 win over Glasgow.
In the girls game, St. Elizabeth outscored Chamois 9-7 in overtime to take a 62-60 decision.
The Lady Hornets will face Hale in the sectionals at 7:45 p.m. Tuesday at Sedalia Smith-Cotton High School. Hale (17-6) won the District 10 title Friday night with a 52-46 victory over Glasgow.
More like this story
- Chamois, St. Elizabeth in Class 1 sectionals tonight
- Chamois, St. Elizabeth play tonight in Sedalia
- St. Elizabeth has troubles knocking down its shots in sectional loss to Hale
- Chamois advances to Class 1 quarterfinals with win over Tina-Avalon
- Chamois uses early surge in sectional win against Glasgow
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting