Mock-ups of St. Mary’s new hospital rooms guide planning
Faux hospital made with foam
Monday, June 27, 2011
How do you think St. Mary’s administrators, staff and architects are working to develop a model for the hospital rooms at its planned new facility? With Styrofoam?
Inside an area warehouse sits St. Mary’s current vision for the 167 private patient rooms, obstetrical rooms, emergency department exam rooms and patients’ intake areas, mainly made of Styrofoam.
Cathy Abrams, chief operating officer and internal project manager, said in September 2008, the hospital began hosting committees of ....
More like this story
- Our Opinion: New St. Mary’s exemplifies exceptional contributions
- New St. Mary’s expected to open in November 2014
- Planning makes perfect: From food to transportation to getting around a new facility
- St. Mary’s prepares for relocation with mock moves
- St. Mary’s schedules open houses for new hospital
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting