Electrical fire closes LU library
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Lincoln University’s Page Memorial Library closed Monday because a malfunctioning air handler motor caused an electrical fire. The school announced in an afternoon e-mail it planned to reopen the library at 7 a.m. today. University Relations Director Misty Young said in that e-mail that no students or staff were hurt, and there was no significant damage. “There are smoke and fumes in the building,” the e-mail said. “The decision was made to close the facility to protect our students, faculty and staff” while LU’s Building and Grounds staff aired out the building.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting