State prepares to rest case in Casey Anthony trial

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The prosecution says it expects to rest its case following a few housekeeping matters in the murder trial of Casey Anthony, the Florida mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

State attorneys say they only have to introduce a few pieces of evidence Wednesday that are left over from earlier in its case and then it will be done. The defense says it will be ready to call its first witness Thursday, but only if a standard motion asking the judge to throw out the case is denied.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter Caylee in the summer of 2008. She has pleaded not guilty and faces the death penalty if convicted. The prosecution says Caylee was suffocated. The defense claims she drowned.

Online:

WFTV's extensive Casey Anthony trial coverage, including live streams

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments