Thursday, June 9, 2011
The following recall has been announced:
QUALITY BICYCLE PRODUCTS CARRIER RACK
DETAILS: Civia Loring bicycle carrier rack for mounting over a front bicycle wheel, imported by Quality Bicycle Products of Bloomington, Minn., and sold at independent bicycle stores nationwide from December 2009 through February 2011 for about $175.
WHY: The bicycle rack’s mounting bracket can crack or break. The rack then can fall onto the bicycle’s front wheel, posing a fall hazard to the rider.
INCIDENTS: The company has received one report of a rack mounting bracket breaking while the rider was on the bicycle, resulting in minor cuts.
HOW MANY: About 100.
FOR MORE: Contact Quality Bicycle Products at 877-311-7686 between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday or visit the company’s website at http://civiacycles.com/aftermarketloringfrontrackrecall.
More like this story
- Recall news: folding step stools, children's jackets, bicycle racks
- Recall news: Bicycles, bicycle carrier seats, folding chairs, leather desk chairs
- Recalls this week: Portable heaters, bicycle forks, riding lawn mowers
- Recalls this week: Hand trucks, bikes, recliners
- Recalls this week: Pool slides, bassinets and more