Infant dies in fall from horse-drawn carriage
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
KIRKSVILLE, Mo. (AP) — A northeastern Missouri sheriff is investigating the death of baby who fell from a horse-drawn carriage as an apparent accident.
The incident happened late Sunday on a gravel road near the small Adair County town of Gibbs, not far from Kirksville. The name of the 9-month-old victim has not been released.
Authorities said the infant’s family was traveling home in the carriage when the baby slipped from the lap of a family member who had fallen asleep.
The Adair County sheriff’s office says the baby showed no signs of abuse and had injuries consistent with the fall. The sheriff is investigating the incident as an accidental death pending results of an autopsy.
More like this story
- Boy dies in collision between Amish carriage, vehicle
- Adair County investigating stabbing death
- Our Opinion: Travel safely on crowded roadways during holiday
- Lodge of Four Seasons offers holiday carriage rides continue in December
- Lodge of Four Seasons continues to offer holiday carriage rides through mid-December
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting