New Bloomfield schools need tax levy hike for debt service
Friday, July 22, 2011
NEW BLOOMFIELD, Mo. — The New Bloomfield school board learned Thursday night a 20-cent hike in the district’s tax levy is necessary to fund current school bond issue payments.
Tom Pisarkiewicz of LJ Hart & Co., the St. Louis firm hired by the board to sell its general obligation bonds, said the shortfall in revenue for the district’s debt service fund was caused by the current economic downturn that reduced revenue going into the fund.
The bonding firm earlier had estimated annual revenue growth each year in ....
More like this story
- New Bloomfield schools need tax levy hike for debt service
- New Bloomfield school board raises tax levy 20 cents
- NB board raises tax levy 20 cents
- New Bloomfield school board reduces tax rate slightly for 2012-13 school year
- New Bloomfield School board votes to put $2 million bond issue on spring ballot
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting