Springfield police seek stolen firearms
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) — Authorities in southwestern Missouri are investigating the theft of police firearms from a Springfield police officer’s private vehicle.
The police department says in a news release that several pieces of what it calls “police related equipment” were taken from the car Saturday or Sunday. Those items include an AR-15 rifle and a Remington 780 shotgun.
The theft occurred somewhere in southwestern Springfield or in Greene County near the city limits.
Springfield police are assisting the Greene County Sheriff’s Department in the investigation.
More like this story
- 6 arrested in SW Missouri theft operation
- Camden County Sheriff asks for public’s help in locating stolen vehicle
- SW Mo. sheriffs investigating cattle thefts
- Miller County Sheriff’s Office asks public’s help in nabbing two alleged suspects in recent firearm theft
- Camden County Sheriff’s deputies looking for stolen UTV