Local veteran kick-starts career through the U.S. Army
Monday, July 11, 2011
Although growing up in a rural Missouri community helped to instill a sense of duty and patriotism in local military recruiter Charles Lairson, his early focus rested with the pursuit of an education. However, a change in circumstances would guide him in the direction of a military career that he has now embraced.
Born in West Plains in 1984, Lairson made the decision to enlist in the U.S. Army during his senior year of high school.
“I had a scholarship for Mizzou in forestry, soil and water conservation, but I knew the scholarship wouldn’t ....
More like this story
- Local veteran jumpstarts career, education through military service
- Local soldier establishes career through military service
- Father’s advice led area resident to world of experience in armed forces
- Local veteran shares experience as a prisoner of war during World War II
- Montana town provides glimpse of 9/11 patriotism