Missouri road construction limited for holiday weekend
Friday, July 1, 2011
Missouri transportation officials are suspending construction and maintenance projects to help smooth travel this holiday weekend.
The Department of Transportation plans to limit construction from lunchtime Friday to the morning commute on Tuesday. However, officials say that motorists could still find some road projects and lane closures.
Traffic this holiday weekend could prove even more challenging because flooding along the Missouri River has forced some roads to be closed.
To view up-to-date road closings and construction zones on Missouri Interstates, primary and secondary highways, see the Travelers Information Map at www.modot.org.
More like this story
- Most highway construction will stop for holiday weekend
- MoDOT aims to minimize delays and keep you safe this Independence Day
- MoDOT limiting roadwork for holiday travel
- MoDOT to hold public hearing for new Hurricane Deck Bridge
- Doubling down? MoDOT contemplating replacing two Missouri 17 bridges at same time
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting