Eugene board considers plan for future snow days
Saturday, January 22, 2011
EUGENE — The Cole R-5 Board of Education reviewed the 2010-11 school calendar during its January meeting because of the excessive snow received to this point.
All built-in snow days have been used, the board was told. If one more day is used, school will be in session on April 25. If two more days are missed, school will be in session on March 14 and April 25.
In other action, the board:
• Approved a substitute teacher list.
• Approved a purchase order for FFA jackets.
• Received a report on the track project.
• Heard about the Parent Contact Day, which is set for Feb. 11. At the event, teachers talk with parents whose students who have a D or F in class and whose grades have dropped one letter since the last grading period.
• Approved several board policy and regulation updates, most of which were mandatory updates, and approved the transportation report as written.
• Was presented three versions of the 2011-12 school calendar; a calendar will be approved in February.
• Certified the form of the April ballot. Three people are running for one-year terms: Curt Lepper, Vicki Binkley and Spencer Hoskins. Six people are running for three-year terms: Jennifer Baur, Nathan Lepper, Mike Schenewerk, Byron Shaw, Roland Morrow and Cindy Darnel.
• Extended the contract for the superintendent for an additional year.
The next scheduled meeting is at 6 p.m. Feb. 16.