Senator Roy Blunt Announces New Social Media Tools, Communications
Thursday, January 13, 2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Roy Blunt (Mo.) released the following statement today announcing his new social media tools and communications team in the United States Senate:
“My first priority is to keep the lines of communication with Missourians as open and accessible as possible. I believe our new online approach in the U.S. Senate will help me advance and streamline my continued conversation with the people who sent me to Washington.
“By fully integrating my legislative and communications team, my office will take a new approach to the traditional structure in order to ensure that people can easily share their thoughts and input with me through every available outlet.
“We’ve built a smart team with strong Missouri ties that is always searching for new and innovative ways to continue this conversation. I am confident the results will lead to Missourians having a stronger voice in Washington.”
SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLS: Senator Blunt will utilize a number of online and social media tools to communicate directly with Missourians, including:
· Facebook: Senator Blunt’s new Facebook http://www.facebook.com/SenatorBlunt page will stand as the hub of activity with constant updates, including statements, videos, photos, and comments regarding the issues of the day that directly impact the people of Missouri.
· Twitter: The official Twitter http://twitter.com/RoyBlunt page will serve as a direct pipeline for Senator Blunt’s communication with his constituents, continuing the conversation online with Missourians about where he stands on the issues and updates from Washington and throughout Missouri.
· YouTube: Senator Blunt’s official YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/SenRoyBlunt will feature an in-depth and extensive library of floor speeches, committee hearing remarks, and official business along with personal insights regarding his work in Washington on behalf of Missourians.
COMMUNICATIONS STAFF: Joining Communications Director, Amber Marchand, in Senator Blunt’s Communication’s Office:
· Tim O’Toole, New Media Director: A native of St. Louis, Missouri and a graduate of the University of Missouri School of Journalism, O'Toole previously worked for U.S. Senator Jim Talent (Mo.), U.S. Senator Kit Bond (Mo.), and worked as Press Secretary for the Blunt for U.S. Senate campaign. O’Toole also previously worked as Deputy Press Secretary for Blunt in the U.S. House Minority Whip's office and as a Field Director for Rudy Giuliani’s 2008 presidential campaign.
· Tom Brandt, Deputy Press Secretary: Brandt, who majored in Strategic Communications at the University of Missouri School of Journalism, previously served as the Legislative Correspondent for Blunt in the U.S. House of Representatives. A native of Kansas City, Brandt also previously worked for U.S. Representative Sam Graves (Mo.) and Missouri State Senator Charlie Shields.
Contact: Amber Marchand
More like this story
- Unlimited access to News Tribune now available
- Sen. Blunt completes visits to all Mo. counties
- Senator Blunt’s Staff Hosts Constituent Listening Post at the County Courthouse
- Senator Blunt’s staff hosts listening post At Moniteau County Courthouse Aug. 7
- Several bills on docket for discussion at 2013 veto session
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting