Senator Roy Blunt Announces New Legislative Team
Thursday, January 13, 2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Roy Blunt (Mo.) released the following statement today announcing his legislative team in the United States Senate:
“We are in an important moment for the future of the country, and this team of legislative experts is committed to serving Missouri while confronting the challenges facing our state and America. I am proud that this team has strong Missouri ties and legislative experience, and I know they will work tirelessly to serve the people of Missouri.”
Blunt’s Legislative Director, Brian Diffell, will continue to oversee Defense, Homeland Security, Trade, Foreign Relations, and Intelligence Issues in his new capacity in the U.S. Senate.
In addition, the following Legislative Assistants will join Blunt’s legislative team:
· Peter Henry: Henry previously worked for U.S. Senator Kit Bond (Mo.) and will handle Labor, Regulatory Reform, Transportation, Rivers and Levies, Welfare Reform, and Appropriations.
· Jamie Hollenberg: Hollenberg previously worked for Bond and will oversee Financial Services, Charitable Giving, Housing, Pension and Retirement Issues, Small Business, and Social Security.
· Zach Kinne: Kinne previously served with Bond and will handle issues pertaining to Agriculture, Immigration, Guns, Postal Issues, Crime, and District of Columbia issues.
· Downey Palmer: Palmer previously worked for Bond and will oversee Energy, Environment, Global Warming, Indian Affairs, Judiciary, Parks and Public Lands, Property Rights, and Resources.
· Jack Smedile: Smedile previously worked for Blunt in the U.S. House of Representatives, and will handle Commerce, Budget, Appropriations, Telecommunications, Science, Technology, and Travel and Tourism.
· Kristina Weger: Weger also previously worked for Blunt in the House and will oversee issues pertaining to Health Care, Education, Medicare and Medicaid, and Veterans Issues.
Contact: Amber Marchand
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting