Upward program offers sports, spiritual opportunities for youngsters
Sunday, January 9, 2011
The fans have gathered, the teams are warmed up, and the cheerleaders have pom-poms in-hand.
Following the coin toss, the official leads both teams, coaches and cheerleaders in a quick word of prayer.
Then, turning to the crowd, “this is a church, but you can still make some noise,” Chris Stegeman, league commissioner, said.
As the Upward Basketball game unfolds, parents along the out-of-bounds line shout encouraging words and suggested directions to the kids on the court.
More like this story
- OUR OPINION: Upward scores for youth
- 2012 Upward Sports Basketball and Cheerleading Program seeks players
- Sunrise program seeks hoopleaders, cheerleaders
- Last chance to register for Sunrise Bible Church 2012-13 Upward sports programs
- Upward Sports basketball and cheerleading program taking registration for grades K-6
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting