VOIEF seeks to help servicemen
Non-profit engages community to support veterans of recent conflicts
Monday, February 28, 2011
Air Force veteran Kurt Schwab has embarked upon a mission to help veterans of recent conflicts in acquiring the assistance that can make a profound difference in their post-service lives.
As the founder and national director of Veterans of Operation Iraqi/Enduring Freedom (VOIEF), Schwab seeks to ensure that those who have served -- or continue to serve -- in military conflicts since Desert Storm, receive assistance with matters regarding education, job training and placement, and even health care referrals beyond what can be provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
With headquarters located in St. Louis, the VOIEF has engaged various organizations and agencies throughout the country in order to launch a nationwide web of resource providers and support outlets to assist veterans with an array of issues.
Read the full article in our newspaper or e-Edition for Monday, Feb. 28, 2011.
More like this story
- Rock legends recognized for support of veterans
- Mo. observing day for Iraq, Afghanistan veterans
- Memorial Day weekend air show set to take off
- Around the Lake: Lake of the Ozarks Walk/Run for the Fallen to show support for national ‘Run for the Fallen’
- Obama’s test: Try to avoid ‘mission creep’ in Iraq
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting