Snow cleanup brings blizzard of expenses
Tab runs millions for state; city, county spend $375,000
Thursday, February 24, 2011
The numbers are still rough, but the Missouri Department of Transportation says the cost to clean up after the state’s historic snowstorm three weeks ago is estimated at $7.7 million.
That figure includes labor, equipment and materials.
Cole County spent about $270,000, while Jefferson City’s cost, just for chemicals and overtime, was about $105,000.
More like this story
- Governor requests federal assistance to help with local and state snow removal costs
- Cole County eligible for federal disaster aid for blizzard
- Gov. Nixon’s request for major disaster declaration for blizzard granted by President Obama
- NYC overprepares for new snow after blizzard mess
- More than 7 inches of snow costs city for its removal
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting