State continues operations in spite of storm
Thursday, February 3, 2011
What some are calling the “Blizzard of 2011” forced a lot of people to stay home and had law enforcement and others encouraging people to stay off the roads.
But, the state’s Office of Administration in Jefferson City said Wednesday, government operations continued as much as possible.
“All state office buildings are open with the exception of the Landers Building in Springfield, due to falling ice,” said OA’s Emily Smith, responding to questions e-mailed to Commissioner Kelvin Simmons.
More like this story
- State hospital holds employees due to weather
- Callaway County agencies to seek federal aid for snow expenses
- Ferguson-Jefferson City march pushed for reforms in police practices, culture
- Funding cut may lead to less meth enforcement
- Highway Patrol set to participate in national ‘Operation Dry Water’ effort
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting