Not just lunch money
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Quality-of-life features and extra equipment often enter local public schools at the generosity of the community.
Sometimes it is fundraising efforts like the Major Saver cards, which will be available from most Jefferson City Public School (JCPS) students through next week. And often it’s through programs organized by building-specific parent-teacher organizations.
At Lawson Elementary School, a grant from the JCPS Foundation filled the library with a collection of character education books.
More like this story
- Your Opinion: School district commended for transparency, communication
- Several Organizations Donate Supplies to Latham School
- Your Opinion: School administrators must be more forthcoming
- After 21 years, JCPS staff keeps bowling for scholarships
- Your Opinion: Ask school candidates to define their roles
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting