JCHS students capture 11 AP Scholar Awards
Sunday, August 28, 2011
“Exceptional achievement” on advanced placement class exams resulted in 11 Jefferson City High School students earning “AP Scholar Awards,” the school district announced last week.
The recognitions come from The College Board, a not-for-profit organization founded in 1900 to expand access to higher education.
It may be known best for its SAT college-entrance exam, but it also operates the Advanced Placement Program® offering high school students the opportunity to take rigorous, college-level courses and earn college credit, advanced placement, or both for successful performance on the AP Exams.
More like this story
- Advanced Placement surges as tool for schools raising standards
- More Missouri students succeed on Advanced Placement exams
- Advanced college credit increases in Missouri
- Advanced Placement courses give students a boost with skills and credits for college
- Missouri, 6 area schools look for ways to better 'MSIP 5' scores
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting