Despite set vote, trash debate continues
Residents unhappy over timeline, procedures
Thursday, September 23, 2010
The question of when residents will vote on a proposed ordinance to remove mandatory participation in Jefferson City's trash contract may have been answered at Monday night's City Council meeting, but there are still some unanswered questions.
During the public comment period of Monday night's meeting, two members of the Citizens Action Committee Against Ordinance 14487, Arthur Brown and Ray Walker, raised some concerns with the topic.
More like this story
- Jefferson City trash plan opponents step up discussion
- Businesses seek open market for trash services
- Holts Summit tables final decision on trash bill for third time
- Jefferson City Council delves into details of conference center
- Holts Summit, Allied Waste to negotiate new contract; mandatory service not included
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting