OUR OPINION: State employees exemplify teamwork
Monday, October 25, 2010
People who work smarter assist both the economy and employment, particularly during an economic downturn.
Because greater efficiency and productivity can offset budget cuts, eliminating the need to cut services and/or the employees who deliver them.
The five teams of state employees recently recognized with Governor's Awards for Quality and Productivity are quintessential team players.
As teams within the larger team of state workers, their efforts and innovations not only aid their co-workers, but all Missourians.
Winning teams recently were honored in five categories. They are:
- Customer Service: The Department of Transportation (MoDOT) Motor Carrier Customer Satisfaction Team for merging from four state agencies into a unified, one-stop service provider.
- Efficiency/Process Improvement: The H1N1 Mass Vaccination Team for working together to create a coordinated statewide vaccination effort. The team also worked closely with local public health agencies to develop and disseminate information.
- Innovation: Puppies for Parole for enhancing rehabilitation in a costeffective way.
- Technology in Government: Contamination Characterization Through Airborne Hyperspectral Imagery for a cost-effective method to respond to the highest-priority mining and smelting cleanup areas.
Pinnacle Award for Innovation: MoDOT's Diverging Diamond Interchange in Springfield for being the first of its kind in the western hemisphere.
Improvements to infrastructure, public health, public safety and our environment affect the lives of Missourians on a daily basis.
We congratulate and commend the honorees for their service to the state and, by extension, to everyone.
More like this story
- Our Opinion: Timely recognition of government efficiency
- Our Opinion: State employee teams honored for productivity
- Drought Toll Rises; 128 More Counties Designated Disaster Areas
- Our Opinion: State workers recognized for service
- Steering committee narrows down goal statements for Camdenton comprehensive plan
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting