Ozarks Tech thanks couple behind largest donation
Sunday, October 3, 2010
LEBANON, Mo. (AP) -- Ozarks Technical Community College held a ceremony to thank a California couple who donated the college's largest gift ever.
Reuben and Mary Lou Casey, of San Clemente, Calif., in February announced they were donating two 35,500-square-foot buildings and more than 13 acres of land in Lebanon to the community college.
The property is valued at $2.6 million. The Caseys visited the Ozarks this week, when the college unveiled plans for the buildings.
The Caseys build and lease warehouses to businesses in southern California. They came to Lebanon five years ago to invest and built two warehouses, but couldn't find a tenant. So they donated them to the school.
OTC officials said the Lebanon facilities will open next fall.
Information from: Springfield News-Leader, www.news-leader.com
More like this story
- Special Olympics plans Columbia training center
- Circle of Sharing Program Joins California Elementary Students and Kiwanis in Giving Away $3,000
- With honors: The Lake Today's top women feted in 'Women Making a Mark on the Lake Community' contest
- Linn State Technical College announces summer graduates
- California Residents Join Operation Christmas Child
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting