Club Volleyball: CMVBC tryouts
Sunday, October 3, 2010
The Central Missouri Volleyball Club has released a number of important dates for its 2010-11 schedule.
The events include:
• Parents meeting — An informational meeting for parents of girls interested in trying out for teams for the 2010-11 season will be held at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 10 in the old gym at Trinity Lutheran School (815 Stadium Blvd). Because of registration changes this season, it is a necessity for parents to attend.
• Oct. 24 and Oct. 31 open gyms — The sessions at the St. Peter’s gym will have 11s and 12s meet from 12:30-2 p.m., the 13s from 2:15-3:45 p.m. and the 14s from 4-5:30 p.m.
• Nov. 6 tryouts — The session at the St. Peter’s gym will have the 14s meet from 2-5 p.m.
• Nov. 7 tryouts — The sessions at Lewis and Clark Middle School will have the 11-and-unders meet from 12:15-3 p.m., the 12s from 3:10-5:50 p.m. and the 13s from 6:10-9 p.m.
• Nov. 8 open gym — The session at the St. Peter’s gym will have the 15s meet from 7-8:15 p.m. and the 16s meet from 8:15-9:30 p.m.
• Nov. 13 open gym — The session at the St. Peter’s gym will have the 15s meet from 2-5 p.m.
• Nov. 14 tryouts — The sessions at Lewis and Clark Middle School will have the 16s meet from 1-4 p.m. and the 17s and 18s meet from 4:30-7:30 p.m.
CMVBC’s goal is to have at least one team in each age group and some age groups may have more than one team. Teams are assembled to be competitive in tournaments sponsored by USA Volleyball. Teams will travel to out-oftown tournaments.
The regular season runs from January through April. If a team chooses to do so, additional tournaments can be added during the season with play continuing through June or July. Additional tournaments will result in increased club dues for that team.
For more information, including the cost of opengym sessions and tryouts, visit www.cmvbc.org or contact Bill Wolters at 353-4940.