TV Trivia A survey of Sam
Friday, November 26, 2010
1) Veteran actor Sam Elliott plays a farmer who befriends town newcomers in the new Hallmark Hall of Fame drama "November Christmas" Sunday, Nov. 28, on CBS. Elliott made his feature-film debut as Card Player No. 2 in the classic Western that teamed Paul Newman and Robert Redford for the first time. Name it.
2) Who is Elliott's actress wife, who was the leading lady in the Western movie referenced by the previous question?
3) Which classic spy series did Elliott join during its 1970-71 season on CBS?
4) Elliott had the main role as a professional beach dweller in a 1976 movie that has been a premium-cable staple lately. Name it.
5) Elliott's run of television Westerns began with the 1979 miniseries "The Sacketts." Who wrote the novel on which it was based?
6) Name the 1983-84 NBC series in which Elliott starred with Cybill Shepherd, David Soul and Edward Albert.
7) Who directed the 1985 drama "Mask," in whch Elliott starred with Cher and Eric Stoltz?
8) In which cult-classic 1989 movie does Elliott play the mentor of a legendary bar bouncer (Patrick Swayze)?
9) The 1993 Western "Tombstone" featured Elliott as Virgil Earp. Bill Paxton played Morgan Earp; who portrayed the other Earp brother, Wyatt?
10) In which Oscar-nominated 2009 movie did Elliott appear briefly, but memorably, as an airline captain who gave a frequent flier an honor?
1) "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (1969)
2) Katharine Ross
3) "Mission: Impossible"
5) Louis L'Amour
6) "The Yellow Rose"
7) Peter Bogdanovich
8) "Road House"
9) Kurt Russell
10) "Up in the Air"
Sam Elliott of "November Christmas"