Players, volunteers sought for Special Olympics
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Players and volunteers are invited to join this season of Special Olympics Basketball, which is designed to teach children fundamentals of the game of basketball in a safe and structured way.
The activity also provides a good social network; children of varied skill levels may participate.
Some may compete in 3-on-3 half-court games, and others will work on and improve their passing, catching and shooting skills on a skills team (no running).
Basketball begins at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Lawson Elementary School in Jefferson City.
If parents are interested in signing children up or teachers/parents would like to volunteer, they can contact Rebecca Cassmeyer at 573/659-3139.
More like this story
- Special Olympics offers basketball opportunity
- Callaway’s Special Olympians share their experiences as part of the One READ program
- Our Opinion: Return of Special Olympics state games welcomed
- Special Olympics plays on despite poor weather
- Be a good sport ... And parents, we’re not just talking to the kids
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting