Churches offer fair trade items to local community
Sunday, November 7, 2010
First United Methodist Church and First Baptist Church in downtown Jefferson City are located near the heart of America, but on Saturday they played host to cultures from as far away as Chile, Uganda and Bangladesh.
The cultures arrived in the form of several crafts and pieces of native art sold at the Amani Fair Trade Market the two churches are hosting this weekend. The markets will continue today at both churches from 9 a.m. until noon.
More like this story
- Our Opinion: Center finds common ground
- Lupus Baptist Church to Host Free Giveaway, Meal and Concert
- Country Cupboard benefits Buddy Pack program, Versailles area food pantry
- It's the 147th year for the Moniteau County Fair
- Community Christian Church to host Fair Trade Bazaar and Harvest Lunch Nov. 8
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting