Medicare Part D enrollment help available
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Beginning Nov. 16, Central Missouri Area Agency on Aging will offer help for seniors to enroll in Medicare Part D from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Herron Senior Apartments, 1303 Edmonds St. in Jefferson City.
Medicare enrollment begins Nov. 15 and ends Dec. 31; those who do not change their plan during that timeframe will be locked into their current plan for another year, said Jody Rackers, regional program coordinator for CMAAA.
The free help is open to seniors or their power of attorney. Those who reside outside of Cole County are asked to call Rackers at 634-8239 so she can direct them to a benefits specialist within their county. CMAAA serves 19 counties across the state.
When coming for assistance, it is asked that participants bring a list of medications.
Rackers said there will also be chances to gain extra help through the MoRx Program, Low Income Subsidy and information on supplemental insurance will be available.
Each appointment takes about 45 minutes.
To schedule an appointment, call Rackers at 573/634-8239.
More like this story
- Lake Regional offers Medicare Part D enrollment assistance
- Cooperative Extension offering prescription program assistance
- Open Enrollment for 2011 Medicare Prescription Drug and Health Plans Begins Nov. 15th
- ‘Boot Camp’ offered on Medicare choices
- Medicare patients facing earlier deadlines for coverage