Three-way stop created at busy Holts Summit intersection
MoDOT: Design to improve safety near U.S. 54 ramp
Monday, November 1, 2010
Heavy traffic on a U.S. 54 off ramp has prompted the Missouri Department of Transportation to erect all-way stop signs in Holts Summit at the intersection of the U.S. 54 eastbound ramp at Route AA and Route OO.
Holts Summit area motorists were surprised that a stop sign suddenly appeared on the frequently traveled route. Garrett Depue, a MoDOT traffic studies specialist, said the intersection is unusual because it has more traffic from the U.S. 54 off ramp than the overpass that carries Route AA and Route OO.
More like this story
- New stop signs surprise motorists
- Beautification projects planned on HS highway ramps
- J-Turn could open at U.S. 54 and Route E in Cole Co. Friday
- Changes eyed after another accident at Key Largo/Osage Beach Parkway and 54 Expressway intersection
- New signs will direct traffic to services along Osage Beach Parkway