New Year’s closings
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Because of Saturday’s New Year’s holiday, all federal, state, county and municipal offices will be closed Friday and Saturday, except for law enforcement and emergency services.
• The State Archives, 600 W. Main St., will be closed Friday and Saturday.
• However, the Cole County Collector’s office will be open from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday, the last day for paying 2010 property taxes without a penalty.
• The U.S. Postal Service will operate a regular delivery schedule Friday. The Main Post Office, 131 W. High St., customer windows will close at noon Friday, but the Capital View Station, 1750 Jefferson St., will be open until 6 p.m. Friday.
There will be no regular mail deliveries and no holiday collection schedule Saturday.
Express Mail will be delivered as required. Normal schedules and window hours will resume Monday.
• Jefftran buses won’t run Friday, and will resume operations Monday.
• The Missouri River Regional Library in Cole and Osage counties will be closed Saturday.
The Heartland Library in Miller and Maries counties will be closed Friday and Saturday.
The Daniel Boone Regional libraries in Boone and Callaway counties will close at noon Friday and be closed Saturday.
The Saturday holiday will not affect the Allied Waste collection schedules.
Most banks and businesses will be closed Saturday.
The News Tribune offices will be closed Friday and Saturday.
We will not publish Saturday’s newspaper.
Publication will resume with Sunday’s News-Tribune.
Office hours will resume Monday morning.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting