Wood stove is suspect in house fire

Heavy damage is evident following a weekend house fire on Rademan Lane in Cole County.

Heavy damage is evident following a weekend house fire on Rademan Lane in Cole County. Photo by Deborah Cote.

A faulty wood stove caused a Sunday morning fire that destroyed a Cole County home and displaced a family of four.

The Cole County Fire Protection District responded to 3303 Rademan Lane, off Frog Hollow Road, about 7:26 a.m. The home is owned by John Baysinger, who lived there with a woman and two children.

Lt. Larry Barnard said the fire caused about $200,000 in damage.

Beth Bauer, regional CEO with the local American Red Cross chapter, said the Red Cross put family members in a hotel and is taking care of their immediate needs for food and clothing.

Read additional details in our newspaper or e-Edition. Newspaper subscribers: Click on an e-Edition article and log in using your current account information at no extra charge. For e-edition help, e-mail circ@newstribune.com. Click here to purchase the full version of archived articles.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments