Fulton couple provides family for international students
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
For participants in Westminster College’s foster program, the definition of family goes beyond blood relations and friends to forging lasting, solid bonds with strangers from a strange land.
The purpose of the program is to provide a support system for Westminster’s international students as they acclimate themselves to a new culture, while the host families have the benefit of experiencing a new culture as well.
Fulton resident Carolyn Hulett and her husband, Deane, have been providing a home away from home to eight students over the past four years.
More like this story
- Fulton couple provides family for international students
- Westminster on verge of first ever branch campus in Arizona
- Westminster program seeks family volunteers to match with, mentor international students
- Westminster takes top ranks in student diversity
- Thanksgiving meal brings church, students together
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting