Local veteran shares story of Korean service in the U.S. Army
Monday, December 27, 2010
Jovial, witty and knowledgeable — adjectives serving as apt descriptions of one’s first encounter with local Korean War veteran Charlie Kuensting.
Like so many of his generation, Charlie appeared initially hesitant when discussing his war experiences. As the conversation unfolded, memories erupted, leading into a story possessing both intrigue and relevance.
Raised on a farm in rural Maries County (just outside of Vienna), a young Kuensting attended Visitation Catholic School.
More like this story
- Fulton man one of first local Korean War veterans to make Honor Flight trip
- Local veteran witnesses firsthand changes resulting from Korean War
- Local resident reflects on Korean War service
- Local Korean War veteran drafted into Army at 20
- World War II veteran shares story of service on B-24 Liberator
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting