Missouri Highway Patrol officer credits military with helping to reach goals
Monday, December 20, 2010
Growing up in a large family, Roger Whittler understood the daily battle of making ends meet and could have easily used such dour circumstances as an excuse not to pursue his goals.
However, the guidance of his parents, a supportive neighbor and the skills gained through military service would supply this Highway Patrol officer with the hope, skills and drive necessary to realize his dreams.
Born and raised in the New Bloomfield area, Whittler learned at a young age what it meant to do without.
More like this story
- Local recruiter discovers opportunity serving with the National Guard
- Veteran discusses personal payoff of naval and voluntary service
- California Native SSG Joe Hamilton Earns Bronze Star with Valor for Heroism While Serving in Afghanistan
- Veteran describes experiences gained patrolling Vietnam waterways
- Local veteran worked with missile systems while serving in Army
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting