Another family loses home to fire

House gutted after kitchen grease fire gets out of control

A Cole County home owned by a family of eight was gutted by fire Tuesday morning, causing $60,000 in damage but only one minor injury.

The home at 3614 Glovers Ford Road is owned by Charles and Anita May, who also had six children living with them.

photo

Smoke rolls out of windows as firefighters battle a blaze at a residence in the 3600 block of Glover’s Ford Road on Tuesday morning.

Anita May was the only one at home at the time of the fire and managed to get out, but was treated for smoke inhalation. A pet cat died in the blaze.

The fire, which was reported about 11:25 a.m., started in the kitchen from unattended cooking material, according to reports from the Cole County Fire Protection District.

The Red Cross is helping the Mays and their church family is also trying to help.

People can make donations for the Mays in care of Southridge Baptist Church, P.O. Box 104234, Jefferson City, MO 65110.

Read expanded news coverage daily in our newspaper or e-Edition. Newspaper subscribers: Click on an e-Edition article to log in using your current account information at no extra charge. For help, e-mail circ@newstribune.com.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments