US 54 discussion meeting planned
MoDOT to suggest improvements to highway, outline proposals for 11 crossovers
Sunday, December 12, 2010
An advisory group charged with developing safety improvements on a 17-mile stretch of U.S. 54 from just south of Jefferson City to Missouri 17 will have a public meeting next month to discuss the latest proposals from MoDOT.
The meeting will be from 3:30-6 p.m. Jan. 6 in the Eugene Elementary School cafeteria.
Since the advisory group, which was formed in March, began meeting, there have been several fatal accidents along the corridor, including one this past week.
More like this story
- Our Opinion: Improvements, attention focus on dangerous highway
- Changes eyed after another accident at Key Largo/Osage Beach Parkway and 54 Expressway intersection
- MoDOT announces changes at Lake of the Ozarks intersection on the 54 Expressway
- New Key Largo plan unveiled
- Highway Commission awards contract for US 54 work in Cole County
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting