Electrical problem cited in house fire

The Missouri State Fire Marshal’s Office believes a Sunday night house fire in Cole County was caused by an electrical problem.

The Regional West Fire Protection District reported they were sent to the fire, at 5122 Highway 179, just after 5 p.m.

The home’s renters had been there earlier but had left to work on the farm. The front of the two-story house was on fire when they returned.

The home is considered a total loss, but the occupant had renter’s insurance, and firefighters managed to save some personal belongings.

Read additional details in our newspaper or e-Edition. Newspaper subscribers: Click on an e-Edition article and log in using your current account information at no extra charge. For e-edition help, e-mail circ@newstribune.com. Click here to purchase the full version of archived articles.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments