Mo. teen murder suspect wants cards, clothes back
Friday, December 3, 2010
Attorneys for a central Missouri teenager accused of killing a 9-year-old neighbor girl say authorities seized birthday and Christmas cards received from the teen’s father, as well as eight large bags of her clothes.
Cole County Judge Patricia Joyce on Thursday gave the prosecutor’s office 60 days to inventory, copy and determine which items it needs for evidence so the rest can be returned to Alyssa Bustamante. She also denied a defense request to be present during some DNA testing.
Bustamante was 15 years old when she was charged with killing her neighbor, Elizabeth Olten, in October 2009. Police say Bustamante told them she wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. Bustamante has pleaded not guilty. Her trial is set for May 16.
More like this story
- Muddy clothes, shovel seized from teen killer
- Alyssa Bustamante sentenced to life in prison for killing 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten
- Judge Grants Motion to Suppress Evidence in Bustamante Case
- Missouri attorney general urges education for Bustamante
- Cole Co. woman wants to undo guilty plea in kid slaying
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting